Friday, October 9, 2015

Night Ranger LIVE

It's a rare treat to get a big name act out in our neck of the woods, and Night Ranger did not disappoint! Starting with "Touch of Madness", it was a high energy, rockin' night! (I prefer to watch the show live instead of through my phone, so I'm sure the full set list can be found on setlist.fm) And, if the night couldn't get any better, they covered not 1 but 2 Damn Yankees songs, "Coming of Age" and "High Enough". On a side note, the music that was playing on the PA after the opening band, Surrender Dorothy, completed their sound check included "Coming of Age" by the Damn Yankees and you could feel the excitement and hope in the air that Night Ranger would play it.

Lots of interaction with the audience, especially those of us in the first few rows! Sadly, the show had to end and the encores were "Sister Christian" and "You Can Still Rock in America". The worst part of the night? (And I do mean the ENTIRE night) Some jerk grabbed the pick that was tossed to me out of my hair!!! But that was quickly remedied when the band saw it and they tossed me a t-shirt *happy dance*

Updated to add the set list:
Touch of Madness
Sing Me Away
Four in the Morning
Coming of Age (Damn Yankees cover)
The Secret of My Success
Sentimental Street
School's Out (Alice Cooper cover)
Crazy Train (Ozzy cover)
High Road
Eddie's Comin' Out Tonight
High Enough (Damn Yankees cover)
Goodbye
When You Close Your Eyes
Don't Tell Me You Love Me/ Highway Star
Encore:
Sister Christian
(You Can Still) Rock in America








No comments:

Post a Comment